Major Research and Collaborative Programs
Queensland Beach. Photograph by Carolyn Smyth
The Department of Oceanography is involved in several major research and
collaborative programs, some of which are linked here:
- The CANadian version of DIEcast
- CANUCKDUCK '97
- The Canadian component of SandyDuck '97 Coastal Field Experiment
- Centre for Marine Environmental Prediction
- CARTUM - a Project to improve models
- Coastal Ocean Modelling Project
- The research program sponsered by the IBM Environmental Research Program.
- Double-diffusion in Oceanography - SCOR Working Group #108.
- GLOBEC Canada
- GLOBEC (GLOBal ocean ECosystems dynamics) research program.
- Nova Scotia Oceans Initiative
- An industry/government/university pilot project to stimulate growth in the
ocean technology sector.
Modelling and Research
- Research program funded by MSC, MARTEC and NSERC for Ocean/Atmospheric
modelling and research.
- Surface Ocean-Lower Atmosphere Study (SOLAS)
- Summary Report for the Canadian participants
in the International SOLAS Open Science Meeting
- Transport and Reaction in Permeable Marine Sediments - SCOR Working Group #114.
Back to [Dept. of Oceanography]